Friday, January 20, 2012

Having power friends

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It's a new year and blah blah blah. And of course I have a new attitude and excited about the things that are about to come but over the last few days I had a great conversation with my boy about power friends while we were dropping him off to college. And what we were talking about is how we need to surround ourselves with people who are the best at what they do. That statement is very true because if you look and analyze the rich they hang around other rich people they may not be in the same business as one another but they both are rich. Athletes and music artists are they same the best hang around the best. How can you tell if you are surroundings yourself with power friends? Easy are they benefiting you and are you benefiting them. If I'm a famous producer and my best friend is a multi-platinum music artist we can benefit each other by working together. I can produce his album and he can record the album his talent and my talent come together to benefit each other. If people you are surrounding yourself can't benefit you on the same level as yourself then that person is not a power friend I'm sad to say. Now I'm not saying that you have to cut that friend off but just know your limitations. This year I plan on surrounding myself with power friends and not just people who do the same thing I do. In fact I'm going to surround myself with people who do the exact opposite . That's my goal for 2012 what's yours?
blog comments powered by Disqus